Bedding for poultry Lectum 6.3 AC+
The animal bedding for breeding animals Lectum 6.3 AC+ is a product with longer durability and the best biological parameters intended for poultry. The animal bedding for poultry is made for clients who expect high hygienic standards during the whole fattening period.
- Additionall organic substances authorised for use in feed were used to counter the build up of mould and fungi.
- The bedding has a very low level of pathogens because of nonoptimal pH and their initial amount is even lower (mould and fungi <10^2).
- The animal bedding is more resistant to transport and storage.
- High hygiene – selected material + heat treatment + organic preservative. Lectum animal bedding is produced from selected cereal straw (mostly wheat straw). It is thermally processed to the temperature above 90oC. Due to this process, it contains only traces of mould and very few microorganisms. After heat, Lectum 6.3 AC+ is treated with organic preservatives that improves the hygiene effect.
Absorbency – higher absorbency prevents from soaking and forming crust. To give an example: 100kg sawdust absorbs about 180kg of water, wheat straw (cut) about 250kg of water and Lectum at least 370kg of water. The high absorbency is achieved due to straw extrusion, which changes its structure so that the water is absorbed through the ends of long fibers rather than their whole surface.
Softness and resilience – prevents animals from injuries.
Lack of dust – dust triggers respiratory infections. Lectum is dedusted during its production and shredding, which minimizes the risk of respiratory infections in animals.
Advantages of Lectum 6.3 AC+
- bedding treated with organic preservative authorised for use in feed,
- reduced quantity of alphitobius diaperinus,decreased rate of FPD (footpad dermatitis),
- better quality assessment of livestock meat in slaughterhouse,
- high absorbency of the animal bedding (up to 370%),
- better weight gain,
- no straw storage costs,
- easy to distribute (saves the time),
- less risk of getting bird flu,
- a natural and eco-friendly product,
- no binders.
Ingredients & storage
- Selected high quality straw, (sourced from local farms), free from contamination and moisture. Natural organic acids authorised for use in feed.
- Bulk-breaked product is available loose, loaded directly from silo or low-rise store. It is also available in 450 or 1000kg BigBags, and non-airtight 20kg paper or plactic bags.
- The product must be stored and transported in dry conditions, prevented from soaking and conditions liable to cause fungal growth, in a cool place.
How to use
The product is used as animal bedding for poultry. The applied amount depends on individual technology of breeding. The average use is 1,5-2kg per m2. The producer ensures bedding delivery according to microbiological parameters in compliance with Manufacturer’s Standard. Disinfection depends on the technology of production used by the breeder. In case of long storage, disinfection is recommended.